College of Law Faculty Workshops
Throughout the academic year, the College of Law hosts a number of events that feature scholars in the legal profession.
The goal of these events is to enhance the intellectual life of the law school and provide a venue for dialogue among faculty members and between our faculty and outside scholars.
Doing so helps us maintain an environment that challenges and enhances critical areas of law and society.
DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER SERIES 2023-2024
Professor Christopher S. Yoo
University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication, and Computer & Information Science
Professor Yoo is the founding Director of the Center for Technology, Innovation & Competition at Penn Carey Law School.
Professor Brad Desnoyer
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Clinical Professor of Law
Professor Desnoyer’s visit was made possible by support from the Association of Legal Writing Directors (ALWD) through a grant to support the Distinguished Speakers Series Grant Program.
Professor Jared Ellias
Harvard Law School, Scott C. Collins Professor of Law
Professor Ellias writes and teaches about corporate bankruptcy law and the governance of large firms.
Teresa Wynn Roseborough
The Home Depot, Executive Vice President – General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Ms. Roseborough will be the keynote speaker at the University of Tennessee’s 2024 Julian Blackshear, Jr. Scholarship Gala.
Professor Eric Segal
Georgia State University College of Law, Ashe Family Chair Professor of Law
Professor Segall specializes in administrative law, civil liberties, constitutional law, and legislation.
Professor Leticia Saucedo
University of California Davis School of Law, Martin Luther King Jr. Professor of Law
Professor Saucedo is an expert in employment, labor, and immigration law.
Professor Steven A. Drizin
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, William M. Trumbull Clinical Professor of Law
Professor Drizin is the Co-Director of the Center on Wrongful Convictions at Northwestern Pritzker Law School.
Distinguished Speaker Series Archives
The University of Tennessee’s College of Law Faculty Colloquium Series brings to campus legal scholars from across the country to discuss their scholarship in a colloquium setting. Contact Interim Associate Dean for Faculty Development Teri Dobbins Baxter (email@example.com) for more details.
- Michael J. Gerhardt, Burton Craige Distinguished Professor of Jurisprudence, University of North Carolina
- Mark Nevitt, Associate Professor, Emory University School of Law
- W. Bradley Wendel, Edwin H. Woodruff Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
- Gina Gail S. Fletcher, Professor of Law, Duke Law School
- Edward B. Foley, Charles W. Ebersold and Florence Whitcomb Ebersold Chair in Constitutional Law; Director, Election Law at Ohio State, Ohio State University
- Melissa Mortazavi, Second Century Presidential Professor and Professor of Law, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Lisa Avalos, Hermann Moyse, Sr. Professor of Law, Louisiana State University
- Catherine Janasie, Research Counsel for the National Sea Grant Law Center, University of Mississippi School of Law
- Thomas Bennett, Associate Professor and Wall Family Fellow, University of Missouri School of Law
- Meera E. Deo, The Honorable Vaino Spencer Chair/Professor of Law, Southwestern Law School
- Fred Smith, Jr., Professor of Law, Emory University
- Hillel Levin, Alex W. Smith Professor of Law, University of Georgia
- Shirin Sinnar, Professor of Law and John A. Wilson Faculty Scholar, Stanford University
- Michele Bratcher Goodwin, Chancellor’s Professor of Law, University of California
- Corrina Lain, S. D. Roberts & Sandra Moore Professor of Law, University of Richmond
- Joseph Fishkin, Marrs McLean Professor in Law, University of Texas, Austin
- Dan Simon, Richard L. and Maria B. Crutcher Professor of Law, University of Southern California
- Randy Barnett, Carmack Waterhouse Professor of Legal Theory, Georgetown University
- Sean Seymore, Professor of Law and Professor of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University
- Felix Chang, Professor of Law and Director of the Institute for the Global Practice of Law, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Mark Hall, Fred D. and Elizabeth L Turnage Professor Of Law, Wake Forest University College of Law
- Patricia J. Zettler, Associate Professor of Law, Georgia State University College of Law
- Martin H. Redish, Louis and Harriet Ancel Professor of Law and Public Policy, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Kate Sablosky, Assistant Professor of Law, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law
- Eric Chaffee, Distinguished University Professor, University of Toledo