The Business Office is responsible for all functions related to accounts payable and receivable, contract administration, payroll, purchasing, travel, parking, faculty and student appointments, facility improvements, building services, keys, equipment, and facility inventories.
The Business Office provides the following services for the college:
- Completes and submits faculty, administrator, staff, and student payrolls
- Coordinates parking for all permanent and temporary employees
- Provides information regarding university policies and procedures for accounts payable and receivable, travel, purchasing, and fiscal areas
- Aids faculty in the appointment of research assistants, and Legal Process and Legal Research assistants
- Periodically issues faculty development statements
- Works closely with new faculty regarding their appointments, housing search, move, orientation, start-up accounts, and familiarization of university policies and procedures
- Arranges and approves student and Moot Court team travel and administers budgets for student organizations and Moot Court
- Advises Moot Court teams on proper procedures, deadlines for printing and mailing Moot Court briefs, and all facets of travel and preparations
- Processes invoices, travel reimbursements, and other budgetary documents for payment
- Researches and orders supplies, equipment, and publications
The Business Office is also responsible for arranging and coordinating all aspects of the College of Law’s Commencement ceremony.
Persons requesting special parking permits or discounted parking rate for guests should contact the Business Office at 865-974-4263.
1505 W. Cumberland Ave.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
Assistant Dean for Finance, Administration, and Operations
Accounting Specialist I