The Appellate Litigation Clinic, established in 2014, enables students to develop their appellate litigation skills, including:
- researching and analyzing legal issues
- constructing a coherent and effective narrative
- drafting clear and concise legal arguments
- writing analytically and persuasively
- editing and proofreading a written product
- preparing and presenting a clear and persuasive oral argument
Students in the Appellate Litigation Clinic have argued filed briefs and argue successfully in administrative proceedings and in appellate courts, including the Tennessee Supreme Court.
The Appellate Litigation Clinic is a year-long six-credit course. Students who wish to enroll in the Appellate Litigation Clinic must have taken Evidence and must either have taken or be taking Legal Profession.