As 2016 comes to a close, we are thankful for your year-end gift. There are plenty of options below to make sure your gift is processed before the end of the calendar year. Your contribution of any size powers us on our journey. We thank you for your support.
NOTE: All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Since UT is closed December 26, 2016 through January 2, 2017, how can I call or visit campus to make a year-end gift?
- If you wish to make a gift December 26–31, please make your gift online at giving.utk.edu by 11:00 p.m. EST on December 31.
- If you need to drop off a gift, you can do so at the UT Foundation at 1525 University Avenue, Knoxville, on Friday, December 30, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST, or you can call 865-974-5477.
How do I make a gift with a credit card before the end of the year?
- Credit card gifts made in person or by phone must be processed with the bank before the close of business on Friday, December 30, which means the credit card information needs to be received no later than 3 p.m. EST.
- Gifts made via credit card online must be done before 11 p.m. EST on Saturday, December 31.
How do I mail in a gift and get tax credit for 2016?
- Checks or other gifts sent by U.S. Mail must bear a 2016 postmark.
1525 University Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37921
How do I make a gift with electronic transfers before the end of the year?
Wire transfers of stock or other securities and cash must be received in the UT Foundation account before 3 p.m. EST on Friday, December 30. Please note that electronic transfers generally take at least 24 hours and often as much as 48–72 hours. If the transfer is coming from Fidelity, you need to allow at least 10 days for the transfer. It does not matter when you initiate the transfer; in order to qualify as a 2016 gift, our account must show receipt on or before December 30. Transfers initiated on Monday, December 26, or after may not make it in time to qualify as 2016 gifts, so please plan accordingly.
Information to give your broker for transferring stock or other securities:
- DTC Number: 5198
- UTFI Merrill Lynch account number: 566-04333
- Foundation Tax ID #: 62-1844686
- Contact at Merrill Lynch: Steve Norris or Melinda Rogers, 865-521-8855
For more information, please contact:
Senior Director of Development