The University of Tennessee College of Law invites applications for the position of Employer Relations Coordinator. This position is based in Nashville, Tenn., and is a limited duration appointment. This position provides vision, expertise, and leadership in the College of Law’s program of career counseling, recruitment, employment, and professional development of law students and graduates.
As part of the Career Center team, the successful candidate will concentrate efforts on:
- Collaborating with other members of the unit to fulfill the mission and strategic plan of the Center;
- Developing, managing, and advancing strategic relationships with alumni and employers;
- Training students, alumni, and employers in use of Symplicity;
- Developing and administering strategic outreach programs with employers;
- Serving as liaison between student and alumni job seekers and employers to enhance the interview experience and maximize employment outcomes;
- Meeting goals established for employer participation in formal recruitment programs through solicitation of alumni and employers; and
- Developing new recruitment solutions to reflect the changing global recruitment landscape in legal education.
In addition, and as needed, this position:
- Works with the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development to coordinate an alumni network program;
- Manages continuous improvement in use of real-time technology to expand interview opportunities for students and alumni with remote employers;
- Directs formal recruitment programs, including on-campus interviews, off-campus job fairs, job listings, and resume forwarding opportunities;
- Designs success measurement instruments and analyze employer feedback to evaluate and improve recruitment programs;
- Manages employer information and records; and
- Travels in and around the middle Tennessee area, as well as to Knoxville, Tennessee.
This limited duration appointment is contingent upon continued funding.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required; JD or appropriate graduate work (i.e., Masters in College Student Personnel, Higher Education, or MBA) preferred. Two to three years full-time experience, preferably in an educational, law firm, or other professional setting, is preferred. Experience in legal recruitment, higher education and/or career counseling or advising settings and experience interfacing with graduate or professional school students and/or employers is preferred.
Please apply online via the University of Tennessee employment application system with a cover letter and resume.