UT Law welcomed the newest members of the college family this week, including 114 1Ls of the Class of 2019.
A few facts about the new class:
- The median GPA is 3.60, and the median LSAT score is 158.
- The students range in age from 19 to 44.
- The class is 18 percent racially diverse.
- This class is 41 percent female and 59 percent male.
- Students come to UT Law from 59 different undergraduate colleges and universities and with 39 different undergraduate majors.
- Members of the 2016 entering class come to Knoxville from 18 states: Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
- Tennessee residents comprise 71 percent of the new class; 29 percent are out-of-state students.
The college’s recruiting achievements would have been impossible without the volunteer efforts of UT Law alumni. Alumni can help admissions efforts by volunteering to serve in any of the following ways in the coming year:
- Refer a prospective student to the UT Law admissions staff
- Agree to write or contact an admitted student and share your enthusiasm for UT Law
- Contribute to a scholarship fund to help a student
- Host an admitted candidate event in your area at your workplace
- Take an admitted student for coffee to discuss your experience at UT Law and your career path
- Hire UT Law students or graduates through the Bettye B. Lewis Career Center