The Supreme Court’s decision on Friday, June 26, regarding same-sex marriage resulted in some widespread attention for the College of Law. Below are stories showcasing professors Wendy Bach and Michael Higdon, as well as a press conference at the law school, coordinated by alumna Regina Lambert, one of the attorneys representing clients in Tennessee for the case.
Additional Press Conference Coverage
- USA Today: “Tenn. Plaintiffs overjoyed to be part of marriage ruling”
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer: “Couples in landmark gay marriage lawsuit react to decision”
- The Southern Illinoisan (Carbondale): “Same-sex couple marries in Nashville after ban overturned” (see photo slideshow)
- The Mercury (Pottstown, Pennsylvania): “Divided Supreme Court declares nationwide right to same-sex marriage”
- Knox News Sentinel: “Knoxville couple, wins pave way for others to wed”
- Knox News Sentinel: “Attorney: Knoxville Plaintiffs ‘excited’ about same-sex marriage ruling”