The Business Office is responsible for all functions related to accounts payable and receivable, contract administration, payroll, purchasing, travel, parking, faculty and student appointments, facility improvements, building services, keys, equipment, and facility inventories.
The Business Office provides the following services for the college:
- Completes and submits faculty, administrator, staff, and student payrolls
- Coordinates parking for all permanent and temporary employees
- Provides information regarding university policies and procedures for accounts payable and receivable, travel, purchasing, and fiscal areas
- Aids faculty in the appointment of research assistants, and Legal Process and Legal Research assistants
- Periodically issues faculty development statements
- Works closely with new faculty regarding their appointments, housing search, move, orientation, start-up accounts, and familiarization of university policies and procedures
- Arranges and approves student and Moot Court team travel and administers budgets for student organizations and Moot Court
- Advises Moot Court teams on proper procedures, deadlines for printing and mailing Moot Court briefs, and all facets of travel and preparations
- Processes invoices, travel reimbursements, and other budgetary documents for payment
- Researches and orders supplies, equipment, and publications
The Business Office is also responsible for arranging and coordinating all aspects of the College of Law’s Commencement ceremony.
Persons requesting special parking permits or discounted parking rate for guests should contact the Business Office at 865-974-4263.
- Bi-Weekly Timesheet
- Electronic Monthly Timesheet
- Leave Request Form: For use by all staff and administrators. Please fill in appropriate boxes on the screen, print and obtain department head approval. Submit to the Business Office after approved.
- Approved Overtime Form: For use by all non-exempt staff. Please fill in appropriate areas on form, print, and obtain department head approval. Submit to the Business Office after approved.
- Entertainment Prior Approval (Instructions)
- Copper Cellar Charge Form: Use this form when you are planning to charge a meal to the Law School account at one of the Copper Cellar Restaurants (Calhoun’s, Chesapeake’s, Copper Cellar & Cappucino’s). Fill in the interactive blanks on the screen, print and forward to the Business Office for approval. You must present your business card and the form to the server at the restaurant before ordering.
- Request for tax payer ID number (W-9)
- Minority Vendor Form
- Guest Traveler Worksheet (T-24)
- Travel Request Form (T-18)
- Travel Expense Report (T-3)
- Vehicle Order Form
Assistant Dean for Finance, Administration, and Operations
Accounting Specialist I
University of Tennessee College of Law
1505 W. Cumberland Ave.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-1810