Theory. Practice. Justice.
Our mission is:
—To prepare students for the practice of law by integrating theory and practice across the curriculum, with emphasis on clinical and skills training, innovative classroom teaching, legal writing, and professional values.
—To produce high-quality scholarship that examines, explains, critiques, and improves the law; and
—To serve the university, the profession, and the public by developing and sharing our talents and expertise.
The College of Law has seven strategic goals to help carry out the mission of the school. These are:
- Increase our emphasis on teaching through the integration of theory and doctrine with clinical and skills training.
- Increase the quality, quantity, and influence of our scholarship.
- Foster an educational environment that promotes public service and instills a robust sense of professional values.
- Strengthen our commitment to creating a broadly diverse, inclusive, supportive, and intellectually engaged community.
- Provide advice and support to our students and alumni in their professional development.
- Provide the informational resources and technology to support our teaching, scholarship, and service missions.
- Secure the resources necessary to achieve our goals.
Learn more about our objectives, goals and the strategies for achieving them in our strategic plan.